Pages


Saturday, May 29, 2010

Meta Week 12 Blog item

Last week I had the website Assessment. Here is a link to My athene site.

With making my website, I chose to site down and rough plan what it would look like.
As I was to create it at uni I got together all the files I would need to make the site.
This included my header image, reducing my video to a file format small enough to post, and all the images i would need.
Once I had my design draft and all files needed I came into uni to use iWeb to put it all together.
 
Using Iweb 
In iWeb I chose a layout style I liked and went about creating each page i required.
Some of the difficulties I had was there not being a simple way to make a page longer. Instead I had to add
an element that would remain invisible, like a text box, and drag it down to extend the page.

I also tried to delete the original header to import my own, but as soon as I deleted it the top of the page deleted
and the document moved upwards. S oI did the same as extending the page and left the header box there, just empty
and then put in my graphic.

Adding the images and video was simple enough as well as creating new text boxes. My next hurdle was using the widgets
to do what I wanted. I originally wanted a map using the google maps feature to show CSU Wagga. However when I imported the
feature it kept displaying a place in America. This was fixed however by grabbing the map straight from Google and importing
it that way. This techniques was also used in creating the link late ron once I verfied my site with w3schools.

In the end I ended up using fetch to upload my site to athene about 3 times to fix up thnigs that didn't quite work the way
I was expecting. Using Fetch made it easy to fix up mistakes and in the end I was happy with my final result.
Links to my other sites

 My blogspot account

My delicious Account

My Flickr Account

No comments:

Post a Comment